With global warming and an uncertain economy, now is a great time to start making your home more energy efficient. The changes don’t always need to be huge, start small and you’ll soon see how the savings mount up.
- Ensure that you switch off your electrical appliances when they are not in use, including microwaves, cookers and washing machines
- If you have your central heating on, make sure you close the curtains to help insulate and thus minimise any potential wasted energy
- Use draught excluders
- Use your shower rather than your bath
- Set your washing machine at 30°. It is better for the environment, saves you money and is kinder to your clothes!
- Consider switching to LED lighting, saving you both energy and lighting in the long run.
- Did you know that 25% of the heat lost in an uninsulated house is lost through the roof? Take the time to insulate your loft and walls and help prevent this.
- Upgrade to a more efficient boiler